Install the Magento® 2 extension through Composer:
Magento® 2 use the Composer to manage the module package and the library.
Composer is a dependency manager for PHP. Composer declare the libraries your project depends on and it will manage (install/update) them for you.
Check if your server has composer installed by running the following command:
If your server doesn’t have composer installed, you can easily install it by using this manual: https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md
Step-by-step actions and commands:
1. Create a folder in you Magento Root Directory.
For example; /var/packages/magmodules
2. Add this as an artifact repository to your composer.json;
3. Upload the (unzipped) extension to this directory so the complete path will be /var/packages/magmodules/googleshopping
4. Run the command.:
composer require Magmodules/GoogleShopping
5. Run the Magento® upgrade and clean the caches:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento cache:flush
6. If Magento® is running in production mode you also need to redeploy the static content:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After the installation: Go to your Magento® admin portal and open ‘Stores’ > ‘Configuration’ > ‘Magmodules’ .