Magento 2.0 extensions
Currently working on our new Magento 2 extensions
Finally Magento 2.0 is released and it's all reinvented, the way the core, extensions and theme files are structured is reinvented bij de Magento Crew and now it's time to get our extensions ready for this latest version.
This new version of Magento is great and it comes with some new features but as we have to rewrite our current extensions it also comes with some new challenges to make it all work on the new versions.
We are currently working on the new extensions and we expect to launch the new versions of our extensions pretty soon, please subscribe on our mailinglist so we can keep you up to date regarding the extension updates.
Magento 2 extension status:
- Rich Snippets SuiteCurrently in development
- Shopreview - Customer TestimonialsCurrently in development
- Google Shopping FeedCurrently in development
- Product Review ReminderCurrently in development
- Responsive GalleryCurrently in development
- Kieskeurig DatafeedCurrently in development
- LeGuide DatafeedCurrently in development
- Beslist.nl ConnectCurrently in development
- Shipping Costs Based on DistanceCurrently in development
- TradeTracker Feed & PixelCurrently in development
- Multi Store Pick Up & Pay PackCurrently in development
- Channable ConnectCurrently in development
- Multi-Language Alternate Hreflang SEO tagsCurrently in development
- Out of Stock NotificationCurrently in development
- Easy Day DealCurrently in development
- Auto InvoiceCurrently in development
- Attribute Shipping MethodCurrently in development
- Shipping Price Per ProductCurrently in development
- The Feedback Company ConnectCurrently in development
- Colorbox, a lightbox Image GalleryCurrently in development
- Social Order ShareCurrently in development
- Sort by DateCurrently in development
- Catalog PDFCurrently in development
- Stock Value & ForecastCurrently in development
Answers and Questions regarding Magento 2
Magento 2: The New Structure
This new version of Magento has a whole new way on how the structure of Magento is build up. Everything is placed under the "app" structure and every extension has now it's own folder which contains the template, layout, js and css or less files for that specific extension. In this way it's friendlier to install/remove or develop/edit the extensions.
Magento 2: New Extensions
Because of the new structure of Magento all our extensions will be rewritten for Magento 2.0. Our team has currently working on developing the new extensions and getting trained on the new system. We have our development team ready for this new ecosystem and we will be launching our Magento 2.0 compatible extensions soon.
Magento 2: Better User Interface in the Back-end
The backend User Interface have some great improvements. The menu system is organised and grouped in two management functions; Ecommerce and System. In this way you have a better visibility about the store configuration and the catalog/sales section. In the product manager it's now easier to create or edit the products due a friendly and easier user interface.
Magento 2: Improved Performance and Scalability
There are some improvements in regards to performance and scalability the new version of magento 2.0, it now comes with the Varnish Cache integrated to help reducing server load and speed up the page load. Next to that it comes with a improved indexer functionality and a Magento Performance Toolkit to verify and optimize the system performance.